Shimmer and shine with Avant Garde Members at MCASD Downtown to support the Museum’s exhibition and education programs. Be inspired by Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui, an exhibition featuring the celebrated artist who transforms discarded materials into glimmering artworks of monumental beauty.
ARTFUL DINING GUESTS > 7 PM
- Kick off the ultimate foodie fête with a Cocktail Hour menu created by Chef duo Giuseppe Ciuffa of Giuseppe Restaurants and Fine Catering and Guest Chef David Warner of the East Village favorite, Bottega Americano.
- Experience a gourmand’s adventure at dinner with a menu designed exclusively for the event by all-star Chef Andrew Spurgin in collaboration with Culinary Concepts.
- Delight in all The Late Night Party perks with access to the VIP Mixology Lounge, specialty cocktails, bites, and dancing until midnight!
THE LATE NIGHT PARTY GUESTS > 8:30 PM
- Groove to the turn-table talent of DJ Adam Salter, and indulge in a hosted bar and bites until the clock strikes midnight!
- Take home wearable metal adornments inspired by the work of El Anatsui and crafted by alumni of San Diego State University’s undergraduate Jewelry and Metalwork Program.
- Want the VIP treatment? Add $10 to your ticket price for access to the Mixology Lounge, featuring signature cocktails from Patrón and vinyl beats spun by DJ Steve French (Helmuth Projects).
Dress is metallic and mesh—a playful nod to the work of El Anatsui, which drapes and flows with beautiful lightness. El Anatsui’s exhibition will be on view at MCASD Downtown March 5–June 28, 2015. Stop by and be inspired!
TO PURCHASE TICKETS >
Click here to purchase tickets or call 858.454.3541 x162. Must be 21 or older to attend.
THE SPRING THING CO-CHAIRS
THE SPRING THING ART CO-CHAIRS
John Oliver Lewis
THE SPRING THING DESIGN SPONSORS
Tricia Reina and Lesley Emery of Tenfold Style